GiftEd can assist in professional development for staff to ensure that your school provides effectively for gifted learners and your gifted programs are in line with current policies. A range of services is offered and are personalised for your learning community.
Staff professional development can be delivered through a mix of:
- After-school staff meetings
- Whole school workshops during staff professional development days
- One-on-one or small-group workshops
- Targeted presentations for school executive leadership teams.
- Providing an Introduction to Gifted Education – Overview of Key Concepts and Theory
- Review and independent evaluation of current provisions
- Staff attitudinal surveys to identify target areas for staff development and training
- Module Workshops as part of Professional Development Days
- Ongoing personalised staff mentoring and advice
- Assisting your Gifted Education Mentor (GEMS) in practical application of course material to your school.
Areas of development and training:
- Understanding giftedness
- Program Development
- Ability Grouping
- Curriculum Differentiation
- Social and emotional aspects
- Curriculum Design.